Monday, September 24, 2007

My hero...



This is a picture of Stephen saving my life last week...I had a horrible week.. horrible.. terrible.. I was exhausted and cranky and had to pack for Miami to leave the next morning and was really starting to wish that I had not agreed to go... he called me at work and asked me what he could do to help.. "Take care of dinner!" I said " Go to the grocery store and by a bunch of good food, don't worry about the cost I want good food and lots of it! Comfort food.. and a desert of some sort. Please..." He happily agreed and when I got him he had prepared a Mexican feast with sparkling Limeade to drink and key lime pie for desert. What an amazing man I am married to. All I had to do was put on my comfy clothes and sit down and eat all of the amazing food he bought and fixed. Stephen fixing me dinner is not a rarity around here.. I must give him credit for that since he fixes dinner more than I do sometimes (ok lately most of the time). Hearing his sweet voice at work and coming home to his smiling face handing me a plate was just the tonic I needed from a brutal work week. Gotta love that servant's heart my boy has.

2 comments:

Nicole Poko said...

Girl you're lucky, the day that I get a dinner and a PIE...

Then a coconut cake...

Tell Steven that he's raised the bar for my expectations and Adam should thank him for my ungratefulness when he tries to feed me boxed mac n cheese.

Hope you get through your work craziness, I'm in my own hell right now too. Apparently I'm the mean co-worker that no one wants to be around...

Tracy said...

That's my bug-a-boo! He's always been soooo sooo precious! Hope your days get better my dear..praying for you! I love you both... Aunt Tracy

P.S. South Beach..hummmm, I think I could handle a day on the beach too!