Sunday, November 05, 2006

Yellow November Birthday ..OR.. Some Trees Grow in Brooklyn..



It's Stephen's birthday on Tuesday so we decided to celebrate this weekend. Saturday we went for a walk in Park Slope and the ginko trees on 7th were this amazing golden yellow. It was nice and cool outside and not too breezy.. the perfect weather for a nice long walk.





We stopped in at Ozzie's for some coffee and a pumpkin square. Great fall combo. It's so hard to be in this neighborhood sometimes. You just want to spend the entire day in about 50 different places! Hard to decide how to divide your time. I mean, you could spend all day in the park, the museum, shopping, coffee shops... the list goes on. I am almost looking forward to the bitter cold - to help cut down on the options! Then I could just make my way to the coffee shop and tuck in for a couple hours before heading home to read or something. I am sure I will eating those words in a few months when the snow actually starts flying around here.. but that's my opinion tonight.



I took Stephen out for his birthday but the whole gig was a surpise. I am not usually able to keep secrets but this time I was determined to keep it to myself. We went to Henry's End in Brooklyn Heights for dinner. This is a tiny little place that Carol recommended that specializes in wild game during hunting season - the food was incredible. Tiny, tiny little place that was warm and cozy inside and packed with Brooklyn-ites. We had the best table in the house. Stephen had the wild boar ragout and I had Buffalo rib-eye - though I already eat alot of Buffalo and know this is not really wild game. It was so good - the salad was perfect the wine that John helped me pick out was just right (Bogel- Phantom). All in all I am looking forward to eating there again very soon. Then I surprised Stephen by taking him to the new "Evil Dead the Musical". I have no idea if any of you will know what this is - a B rated horror flick that is completely insane and stupid. They musical version was AMAZING and even though we were in the mezzenine (great seats!) and not the "splatter zone" in the front we laughed out heads off. It was SO funny and silly and something we would never have done on a normal night. Happy birthday baby.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Ok, I double dog dare you to rename this post "Some trees grow in Brooklyn." I would love it. Please, please....!

From another homeschool nerdette

Ellen said...

Yeah!!! You changed the title. I am now at peace. =)