Friday, May 07, 2010

Dear David...


... today I saw these pictures on my FB news feed and my heart started to ache. You are in such a beautiful place.. such awe inspiring surroundings. I see you there, taking it all in.. and I want to be in the picture with you. I want to be there with a baby on my hip ..holding hands with your brother. I want to dangle my legs from the roof of your car and watch Ada and Margot explore the wiry grass on the side of the road. I am so grateful to God that He has you in this place, grateful that He is helping you to thrive there, grateful that you so generously share your daily joys in photos like these. Still my heart aches as I print these pictures and put them on the fridge for the girls to see.. it aches because I miss you so much. I just want to wrap my arms around you and give you a big squeeze. I don't know how Mary can stand it.. how does she keep from racing to the airport every other weekend? We all love you so much, David. The girls are trying so hard to say your name. It's comes out as "Daaa-iiid" right now. Speaking of baby girls, I hear them calling from upstairs.. waking up to another day of Cheerios, watching for busses, and skinned knees. We love you, we miss you.. come see us soon.

Love always,

Your Family on the East Coast



5 comments:

L said...

OMG. Those are beautiful photos. I've been craving a trip out west for a while now - nothing like those mountains to keep your head on straight. How lovely!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am feeling it too! Mary

Tracy said...

You couldn't have said it better for ALL of us :)

davidwshingler@yahoo.com said...

thank you sarah! i love you. i miss you. and i want to give you a hug. and i want to hold ada and margot and tell them i love them too. soon enough...

davidwshingler@yahoo.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.