Saturday, December 03, 2011

Thanksgiving


Better late than never. We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. My precious cousin and her family have moved back to NC (YAY!!!!) and we all got to spend Thanksgiving (or the day after actually but who is keeping track?) together for the first time since ... I am not really sure actually. A long time. Maddie was so sweet with the girls and they absolutely adored getting to play with her. Here they all are sitting on the porch of the playhouse that Christa and I spent countless hours playing in when we were kids.


Then Uncle Gavin donned his jeans and barn boots and we got to go ride the horses. Oh.My.Goodness. Can you believe that Christa and I also used to ride Strawberry around the neighborhood together? Craziness. Ada was having the time of her life.



Double trouble on Mandy.


Margot was not ready to get off.. ever.


After all that horsey fun we all drove over to my parents newly purchased property on the Mitchell River. Papa had worked so hard to clear the land so that we could enjoy a little campfire. He was ready with a hayride to the river when everyone arrived. I am pretty sure this was the best day of the girls entire lives thus far.


Sam is a natural born cowboy.


The girls got to try riding Uncle John's old toy tractor.

I have a picture somewhere of Uncle Gavin doing the same thing when we were kids.


So there you have it. Thanksgiving 2011 from Papa's iPhone ... since the camera that we brought had a dead battery. So fun.. the older they get the more fun it is. Can't wait until next year.

No comments: