Tuesday, July 11, 2006

the best of intentions





i have been a bad blogger and neglected to even put up the px from Maine from last weekend. we have out of town guests staying with us for Nathan's opening on Thursday and even though I told myself I would be coming straight home after work, somehow I found my way downtown to the same old shitty italian place that I hate eating the same crummy food with the same crummy service all to hang out with the boys (and Ryans new GF Micalah). Some things you just cant say no too I guess and hanging around those guys listening to them compare my eggplant parm sandwich to a yeasty vagina is just too appealing to turn down! seriously.. the nasty boy talk is starting to get to me a little bit. stephen wonders why i am shocked every time they say stuff like that and i guess i am not shocked.. not even really that grossed out. I feel this overwhelming urge to make sure that I express my protest to that kind of speach and behavior. I say its because I am a woman and they are nasty guys and Nathan says that is sexist because I am assuming that I am more offended by what they say than a guy would/might be. Whatever the case after all of that ultra stimulating conversation I came home and hid long enough to take a shower then cut Nathan's hair in preparation for his big NY debut and then had a bowl of blueberries and an orange juice popcycle. All of this leaving me with little time to really think about my day or post many px. I really prefer to do postings with px all the time. I feel very self conscious when its just my writing up here for everyone to see.
Today I got an email from a very good friend of mine, Jeff. It made my day and possibly my week. It made me so happy reading this very important letter on the train this morning. Happy for reasons only Jeff really understands and the fact he does makes me even more happy. I tried to explain why the letter was so perfect and meant so much to me to Stephen today and gave up after only one sentence. I know he would really try to understand and he would be respectful and smile and tell me he got it but the reality is that the only one who really gets it is Jeff.. and me of course. So I am leaving it between us where it belongs and its ok for it to stay that way. Here's to Sea Island and apartments in NYC.
Tomorrow I am going to my first yoga class in the city.. Abby and I are trying out a studio.
Ok your mission, should you choose to accept it.. is to tell me where and or what the px I posted (in random order) are or have to do with... this is a very very random selection from the last 2 months so let me know what you think I was doing and where. I will reveal the real story behind each photo if I get at least 5 responsive comments on this post.. otherwise you will all just have to wonder! Nitee nite....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are EASY...
1) Two angels in America proclaiming their love in cement
2) A new New Yorker window shopping all the things you can't afford in New York
3) Apple's effort to establish street cred with the average New Yorker on d'street
4) One of your many pictures from your last trip to the Balkans

Anonymous said...

i wonder if nathan also thinks it's racist when black people get offended by rude comments about black people...