Sunday, September 17, 2006

day in the park



There are so many things to do around here on the weekend that I have actually been having slight anxiety attacks on Saturday mornings trying to decide what to do! This weekend we ended up walking to Park Slope several times. The weather was so beautiful it was really hard to stay indoors so we didn't! We have explored several avenues and so far 7th and 8th seem to be the most full of restaurants and great little shops. The park is really fab too. We actually found a nature trail yesterday to walk on. Though they had made a water fall a little along and people were stopped looking at it like it was some incredible thing and it was just a man made water fall all fenced off that you couldn't wade in or anything. Stephen and I were happy to see it though it was fabrication but chuckled to ourselves and the Brooklynites standing around it in peaceful awe. Today we went to see a movie and then walked back home, picked up our favorite tacos on the way home then drove all the way back to the park after collecting Oli and a blanket. Stephen napped while I made our shopping list and looked through cookbooks for a new recipe for the week. It's been a pretty amazing weekend really..

my sweet husband and his patient eyes..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah and Stephen,

I love your apartment. It looks perfect. What a life you have. I miss you, but I am so happy to see what fun you are having.

Stephen, I met Pasonare today. I can't spell his name, aparently. He is really cute and doing pretty well. He is in second grade in Mrs. Bryd's class.

Love you both. Claudia

PS Did you see the National Geo special on the house built out of scraps. Wow!!