Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Jack White sighting



Stephen took me to see the Raconteurs on the 25th at the Roseland Ballroom. This was my birthday present.. and what a present it was too!!! Take a look, I mean..we were so close I could have spit on Jacky boy - if I had been so inclined. Poor Brendan Benson..I do love his one CD that I have and I love him in the group but he can't help but be second fiddle to the mighty White Stripe himself! I know its pathetic but Jack White is one of the few real rock-n-rollers out there and he is darn good - not to mention pretty good lookin too! In a really pale skin, stringy black hair kind of way :) The guy has such a crazy voice and whether he is playing his own stuff or covering that Nancy Sonatra classic "Bang Bang" (if thats not the real song title I apologize but you all know what I am talking about here.. Kill Bill???) he is just brilliant and a real kick to watch in person. Anyway, I felt a little old being there at 28 but Stephen reminded me that I was being psycho and that we will (apparently) be going to concerts and shows like this until we have grandkids. I will say this, Jack was alot bigger in person than I thought he would be. I mean that guy is larger than life but he was really a big guy! Tall and thick. Color me star-struck.

No comments: