Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Welcome to Brooklyn Baby!!!!!



After a month with no internet service I am happy to report that we are finally tucked into the new place in Brooklyn!!! We are living in Greenwood Heights, right next to the famous Greenwood Cemetary, more on that to come in the very near future.
I was going to post pictures from the move itself - nightmare - but decided that it would only give me a panic attack to look at those images so its all better left un-looked-at! The appartment is on the 3rd floor of a pale green row house. I would have taken these during the day but I got home later than I would have liked. At any rate the world will have to wait for views of the outside. I can not tell you how amazing it has been to live here so far.. Brooklyn is my favorite place I have lived so far in my life. Our neighborhood is mostly Spanish and Indian and while I am often embarrassed to be part of the gentrification wave from Park Slope, everyone is crazy friendly and I think I judge myself more than my neighbors judge me so that feels nice. Anyway.. here is a tour.. the above is the living room.. with the lovely new vintage orange couch!



View into the living room..



This is the tiny bedroom.. its the perfect size and we each have our own closet so thats nice



Here is our huge kitchen! I am having a really hard time deciding which room I love spending time in more.. the kitchen or the living room.. they are both SO cozy and I love to sit by the windows in each.. the kitchen windows overlook all the backyards with their gardens and clothes lines.. its like being in the country..



The place is what they call railroad style so the rooms are all in a line. To get from the kitchen to the living room you have to walk through the bedroom. We could have put the bedroom where the living room is but somehow this set-up makes the best sense spacially. It turns out everyone else in the building has done their places in the same way. Stephen's studio is off the living room but its not quite ready for a photo shoot. We are still putting things together.. adding and taking away.. but its getting there and we are so happy to be here!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hey! Your apartment is great. It looks like it has a lot of character, and it definitely looks like you to me. It's your style all the way. Looking forward to seeing it in person soon! Love you!