Saturday, January 12, 2008

This just in..



..well it was bound to happen eventually...I am pregnant :) But wait! There's more... we are having TWINS!!!! The fuzzy pictures above of those little jelly bean shapes are what the doctor affectionately referred to as Twin A and Twin B. I am about 8 weeks along ..due on August 26th (as of right now at least). I think Stephen and I are still in shock, walking around with big silly smiles and talking to the Sea Monkeys that are currently making their mommy pretty exhausted.

My trip to the doctor this week was surreal to say the least. I had an appointment on the 23rd originally but I had some spotting over the weekend that got me pretty upset so they were able to squeeze me in on Wednesday, to check things out. Stephen wanted to come with me but I insisted that I would be just fine and sent him off to work. I sort of thought they would just do some tests to make sure I was still pregnant and then tell me to come back on the 23rd, instead they decided to go ahead and make this my first official appointment and take blood and do a sonogram and all the "usual" stuff. I was so nervous. Sure they would tell me that there was nothing in there and question me on just what made me think I was pregnant in the first place - I was prepared to defend myself, to let them know that I had taken 5 pregnancy tests and they were all positive so I most definitely was pregnant.

I sat trembling in the sonogram room. Then she came in - the most amazing and wonderful doctor I have ever had the pleasure to be seen by. She - was - perfect. She was so happy and smiley and looked me directly in the eyes and didn't make me feel rushed - no scary green bucket in sight. Then it was go time. Suddenly there I was, looking at the image of my baby on the screen, it's little heart beat so strong. Doc said everything looked wonderful and the babe looked very healthy and strong. "Let me just make sure there aren't any more in here.." "Ha!" said I, "Well they do run in the family!" "You know what.... I think I do see another heartbeat.." "........no you don't......" "Yes I think I do.. look here.. see that little flicker in the corner.... See I will show you both.. here is Twin A..and we keep moving and over here is Twin B... congratulations!!!" Just like that. Just as matter of fact as you please. The rest of the visit is sort of a blur.. she told me some stuff about what I should be eating and no eating... talked about the differences in a twin pregnancy from a singleton pregnancy.. I tried to pay attention...but my mind was racing.. I couldn't wait to get outside so I could call Stephen.

So there you have it, the Lord has answered our prayers for a family..an instant family to be exact! We are both so happy and excited we hardly know how to think about it. I, for one, have not fully collected my thoughts..but I am starting to come out of my stupor bit by bit...I am going to be a Mama... poor Oliver has no idea what's in store :)

12 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm so happy for you, but you know that already. =) I was just sure when I checked your blog this morning that this would be up. Now I can tell everyone I know. I love you!

Brant & Elsa said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile now (Lurker, I know:)) and I just have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so very happy for you!!!

Summer said...

Hey, Sarah, it's Summer Williams, Don Barker's daughter. Your mom told me about your blog when we met over the summer, and I've been checking in on it ever since. My dad mentioned that you were expecting twins so I thought I'd check your blog and get some details! Also, I just wanted to say congratulations! I think you're going to be a wonderful mother.

Amy said...

Wow! So so so exciting. At this rate, you'll be caught up with me in no time :) I am super happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

So thrilled for you both! Erin Kennedy Witcher

Tracy said...

Needless to say, we are OVER THE MOON! Aunt Tracy can't wait to come and help out and give her "expert" advice..seeing as I have a set of those very precious twins! You have NO idea girl....
It's going to be a blast...Love you guys.....

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! How good of God to give you two sweet ones to care for. Get some rest... :)

Terri

Michelle D said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is the biggest surprise I've gotten in a long time. I had to reread the first part a couple times before it sunk in. I am SO happy for you guys! Twins! Ok, I'm sending a hug across the faraway to you and a snuggle to Oliver who's going to be the best big brother:) Yay!

Nicole Poko said...

I'm SOOOO excited for you guys!!! You two are going to be amazing parents. Adam and I saw a couple the other day with a set of twin babies and we couldn't help but think of you guys. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Congrats and lots of love!

Michelle D said...

I meant to say that this post was written in such a lovely way. I want to go out and buy you presents NOW - so fun! Twins! I can tell you that it's a wonderful thing to have two that you watch play together and form a sweet friendship. Hope this finds you feeling well:)

Anonymous said...

Great God! Congratulations, I am amazingly happy for all four of you.
Evan W.

jane. said...

* whoa...i've missed a lot! CONGRATS! hope you're feeling okay today! woo hoo, woo hoo!