Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Three


Thanksgiving was a lovely blur. A blur of which I took not a single photograph. Chasing a Frances Pauline will cause you to forgot your camera. Stephen took some shots of them in the big tub at Nana and Papas house. 


We are three days away from our closing. Three. I have spent just about every single morning of the last few weeks tying up various loose ends. I have to go get the certified check for the attorney tomorrow and after that we wait until Friday at 9am. Ho-ly cow. Should I be worried that I literally have 3 boxes packed? We have until the 14th to be out of this place and the two weeks ahead are going to be slam packed with cleaning, painting, updating and moving. Mom and Dad will be here Friday and all weekend helping. Mary gets here Sunday to start watching the girls while we work away over at the new house. The plan to move one room at a time as each is completed sounds very optimistic from where I sit. I plan to move the closets first. Then everything but the furniture... and then the furniture last of all and all at once with the help of our friends with trucks and muscles. None of this, of course, can happen until we get things painted. Can't really plan too carefully, have to be super flexible. I just keep reminding myself that no matter how much we actually get done we will be spending Christmas this year in our new house. 


The girls are starting to ask questions like "Will we bring our toothbrushes to the new house?" "What about our toothpaste?" " I don't want to leave Oliver all by himself!" This is starting to get real in their little minds. I am going to try my best to take pictures and post as we make progress so stay tuned. 

No comments: