Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Just one of the many Plan/Melissa and Doug toys that I got for next to nothing today at the Kids Exchange, thanks to Ellen and her generous gift of a seller's pass!!! I would love to post pictures of the rest but since they are a surprise for the girls birthday/Christmas it doesn't seem fair that they be the last to see them for the first time. 

As I was waiting in line to check out, for TWO HOURS, I pretended that I was on my home from Trader Joe's on the N train and that it had broken down and I was just having to wait for it to get fixed to get home. This distracted me from the searing pain in my shoulders from lugging my 50 lbs of wooden toys through the checkout line. So thankful for that life experience that has made me an extra patient person in such circumstances. 

The man behind me in line was the rudest husband I have ever had the misfortune to be near. He did nothing but complain and make snide comments to his wife while she held/nursed their 9 day old baby standing right beside him for 2 hours in line. I have never been more thankful for my Stephen and wished he had been there to show that loser how a real man should behave. 

I found Stephen's lost iPod in the car!!!!!!! It has been lost for almost a year now!!! It has been a real struggle to function around here with only one iPod (sarcasm alert). 

We have a pantry and fridge full of wonderful food stuffs. That always makes me feel happy. 

No comments: