Sunday, January 23, 2011

$10



Went to the half price day at a the Kids Exchange (a local consignment sale). I am feeling like poo with the cold that I can't seem to shake but I stayed home from church to keep my germs contained and get a little more rest. So I was feeling rested enough when S and the kids got home that I headed out anyway. Normally I really just go for the toys.. which are always better at the beginning of the sale. By the time half price day rolls around there ain't too much left.. at least not much worth taking home... but I have a pretty good eye for finding treasures in those piles.. even when the "good stuff" has long since been snatched up. I went looking for some sort of memory game(s) for the girls. I tried a homemade one a couple of weeks ago and they not only loved it.. they were really good at it! I found several contenders but the catch of the day was this amazing Goodnight Moon Game!!! How did so many people look at this and not snatch it up?!?! Perfect condition.. all the pieces.. and you can play it 6 different ways so that everyone from 2 1/2 to 6 years old can enjoy! The girls grabbed it as soon as I got home and we played it.. they loved it and were complete pros right off the bat. I also found another cool memory game called Mom and Baby or something like that (too lazy to go look at the name right now) and it's a little over their head right now but they will be ready for it by the summer. Basically you get to be a Mommy animal and take turns looking for your baby animal. It's cooler than I just made it sound. I also made away with a new FP doctor kit (with all it's pieces included and in great condition!), a bag with 3 Kipper books, and a Plan Toys Fishing Game.. which I have never seen before. It is SOOOO cool.. AND it came with TWO FISHING POLES!!! SCORE FOR THE TWIN MOM!!! I got all of this for $10 .. ten stinkin' dollars ya'll! I think that's pretty dang good. I had some clothes that I gleaned from the endless racks as well.. but then I saw the line. Holy Lord.. the folks nearing the front said they had been there for 2 1/2 hours. Yeah, not doing that. I like saving $$ but.. yeah.. so there was an express line for 5 items or less and I dropped the clothes I had collected and made a bee-line there with my 5 precious items. Still took me 40 minutes to get through the line but I am so glad I took the time.

1 comment:

shauna said...

I love bargains..you found some great finds. Inspired me to hit up some the consignment sales around here.