Friday, January 14, 2011

It's just..I mean.. I can't even.. uh...







..because I need to remember right now.. I need to remember how much fun we have had in the last two weeks.. how much love has been shared between us..right now I just feel so defeated I can hardly put a sentence together.

I am not a fan of whiny posts on here but I need a place to vent.. in writing.. so read at your own risk.

The girls started getting up at around 5:30 or 6am last week.. a great improvement from 4am.. and we were so excited .. feeling like we were finally turning a corner.. and now we are back to that 4am wake up call.. I mean they are getting up even before Stephen's alarm goes off at 4:30 for swim practice. Seriously guys?! You are exhausted.. we are wiped out.. why can't you just SLEEP?!??!?!? Send you back to your room and you scream .. put you in bed with us and there is a 50/50 chance that you might go back to sleep..

Then there is the potty training. The girls were doing great.. no accidents.. then Ada regressed a bit and started pooping in her pants.. and peeing.. then she turned it around and got better again.. no accidents again.. suddenly Margot started doing it.. now they are both doing it.. not so much with the pee.. but the poop (oh so much more fun to clean up than simple urine).. don't seem to even make an effort to go in the potty.. just look at me with a panicked look and say "Oh NO mommy!!!! Poo-poo yucky!!!" You said it friend. Poo-poo EXTREMELY YUCKY. I am losing ground day by day. I was so proud of how well they were doing.. so proud of them.. ready to tell anyone who would listen.. now I have put away the big girl panties.. got tired of throwing them away covered in poo... They are in "princess panties" (Pull-Ups) until they start going poo in the potty again.. they can tell when these are wet so I feel better about that.. at least they don't think they are back in diapers. I was following my potty training e-book to the letter.. even making sure to make them stand up while cleaning up accidents so they wouldn't mentally revert to babyhood while laying down getting cleaned up.. my poor pregnant back can't take the frequency of these episodes now.. I laid Ada right down on the floor this morning and felt like a total failure as I changed her "poo-poo yucky" that she graced me with at the breakfast table. I know regression is a natural part of it.. but how long does it stinkin' last?!!? I am so tired.. so pregnant. so.. having a pity party I know. Just need a break.. some light at the end of the tunnel.. Stephen called me while I was grocery shopping Wednesday to tell me that Ada had gone poo in the potty and I literally cheered while standing in line at Trader Joe's.. then I got home and he said right after she had done so well.. she had a sicky poo right in her panties that spilled everywhere.. sigh. Cling to the good.. cling to the good.. cling to the good for heaven's sake Sarah!!!

And now.. to make sure that someone out there gets a chuckle out my crazy idea to potty train my twins... here is the "funniest" potty incident of this week. I have already started to laugh about it a little myself.

While watching something on the computer so I could get my quiet time in, Ada suddenly stood up and let loose in the chair she was sitting in.. a fountain of pee flowed down the legs of the chair and onto the carpet. I jumped up, grabbing her and racing her to the bathroom, leaving a trail of pee behind us. Cleaned cleaned cleaned.. changed clothes.. rinsed clothes. Back to life. Twenty minutes later I walk past Margot and smelled an unmistakable smell.. yeah.. she was sitting in it pretending it hadn't happened. Carry a crying Margot at arm's length to the bathroom to deal with the incredibly nasty accident she just had.. her lower half is covered in poop... it is falling in drips and drabs on the bathroom floor.. I am feeling thankful that I took my Zofran that morning.. still in the midst of the clean-up process (and starting to get pretty loud about it all to the room [and the twins] at large) I hear Ada yelling from the kitchen "Uh oh Mom!! Pee-pee yucky!!!". Peering around the door with wild eyes I see my daughter standing in the middle of a giant puddle of pee on the linoleum "Don't move!!!" I shout out. She looks down at her feet and starts to splash around in it as though she were outside on a rainy spring day. What to do!? Margot is still dripping poo.. Ada is now looking around for her galoshes .. Swallowing a mouthful of four letter words I screamed at Ada to stand still until I came over to her.. continued cleaning the poop from Margot with a little more urgency. Raced over to Ada and disinfected her and the area of our home she had befouled .. herded their little naked hineys upstairs and into fresh panties and clothing.. chased them into their beds and walked out of their room in a huff.. refusing to even sing a single lullaby. Holy frijoles. If I wasn't pregnant.. if we had vodka in this house.. just sayin'...

Here's to a new day.. and fresh new day that started at the crack of 4:22am.. hey it's better than 4am on the dot right??? .....right..?

2 comments:

Wendy's World said...

Oh, Sarah...as entertaining as your post was, I feel for you :(
I can't imagine potty training times 2 and while pregnant at the same time. I don't think either of my kids had the kind of back- stepping you are going through, though I can remember many of my friends went through this with their kids. I have no bright ideas, I'm sorry. Only I had to send sympathy your way and let you know that you will most certainly be in my prayers, for patience and rest. Just had to let you know I was thinking about you :)
What is your due date, by the way?
Wendy

hisdaughter4ever said...

Sarah, so sorry for the days you have been having. Exhaustion is a terrible phase to live through. Will pray for grace for you and progress for the girls.