Saturday, July 07, 2007

Can't think of a title for this one...


(Central Park.. model boats - last weekend's post Redeemer stroll)

I am not sure how to start this post, so I will start with this indecisive sentence. What a week. So many things have gone wrong, sour, or just badly this week that I am actually tired of hearing myself talk about them. So in keeping with the open nature of this blog, I will reveal my hardship - but in condensed form. Two sentences for each of the 2 worst events of the week:

1. I had another massive migraine for the 4th this year due to the weather. Felt better in the evening and went to the fireworks, only to have it return with a furry that found me running around SoHo desperate for a bathroom to be sick in at 11pm.

2. Stephen and I both came down with a version of Montezuma's Revenge, and didn't decide to see a doctor until the end of the week. With all the doctor's offices in our neighborhood closed on Friday (surprise!!!) we finally had to trek to Brighton Beach (near Coney Island) to see a Russian doctor and get some meds while I shriveled with guilt at not being at work while I was supposed to be filling in for Carol, who was on vacation.

There you have it. The worst 2 in 2.

Even with all of that.. I seem to have escaped any depression or even a lasting bad mood. Could it be I am numb with expectation ?? That must be it. Speaking of which that brings me too the..

Sarasota Update:
Houston, we have a problem. The job that Nathan was going to get with IT.. now has 2 applicants. So its Nathan vs. Some Other Guy. Yikes. This was originally a "sure thing". Now it's a "we would really like to hire you but we can let you know for sure on Wednesday" thing. Stephen and I are preparing our minds for the "worst". Which, in all honesty, really wouldn't be that bad. At least we would know something definite. Staying here would not be too painful. Just another bump in the road to my long dreamed of pregnancy. Yes, it really is all about me :) Anyway.. by Wednesday we should have an answer.. and I hope we do.. since I am supposed to fly out to FL to find us a place to live on Friday!!! I am doing this because, though we know of a wonderful home we could rent sight unseen, the rental market in Florida is headed toward rock bottom and I want to make sure I make the best choice for us.. for the $$. Anyway.. there's a good chance that I might just be taking a credit for my ticket now :) (sigh)

I will close with something I have been pondering since I started working at 30 Rock. Why is it, that tourists always wear light colored clothing? It seems to me that every time I turn around there is a mother and daughter/ father and son/ GF and BF posing for a picture in front of the building in light blue jeans and pale green "NYC" t-shirt. Is it that New Yorkers are always wearing darker colors? Or do the majority of Americans actually have "vacation wear" that they only break out when they go on trips? Anyone else notice this ? Maybe it's just me.

PS. Check out some of the videos in the top right corner.. just added this new feature. Some of these are rated PG and possibly R so .. view at your own risk. Thus ends my disclaimer.

No comments: