Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Smile.. it's Tuesday!

Photos that make me smile..



Stormy weather at the peak of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park. This time last year.



My birthday last year in the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. Overlooking the Rose Garden.



Oliver The Small, welcoming me home with his trusty green newspaper.



OMG Jack White! There he is!!! It's him!!! It's really Jack White!!!! Aaaaaaaaah!!!
(Birthday present last year, Raconteurs concert with Stephen)



John and Mariel in Central Park. John smiling and the incredible woman who makes him smile.


Today was replete with support for every angle. I got emails from my Ellen, and my Mary that contained the perfect phrases to calm my heart and help me focus on the joys in the day.

Tonight, as I rode the D train home with Stephen, I got that feeling. That feeling I sometimes get when I am whizzing past the Brooklyn Bridge. That feeling that strikes my heart and I am suddenly in awe of my surroundings. Aware of the thousands of buildings and millions of people all around me, eating, sleeping, jogging, getting a promotion, getting fired, giving a presentation, taking a deposition, performing a surgery, giving birth, walking with a parent, sitting in class, rushing down stairs, riding a bus..riding the subway..riding the D train. The hum of the city, the awe that it can strike in your heart. All at once you wonder if it is man's creation that you are in awe of .. or God's many creations inhabiting this environment. It is easy to fall in love with this city. I can understand why Keller loves it so much. There's something about it that is all at once innocent and corrupt and each day finds you faced with another side of it's personality. Yesterday it may have thrown up on your shoes and given you a parking ticket..today it hands out free ice cream cones and JCrew coupons. It woos you to love it, though you know it will betray you. There is always the hope that some day, you will fall in step with it's rhythm. I have never loved people as much as I have since my inhabitation of this city. Maybe that's why I have such a crush on it.

Tomorrow my friends.. I will let you know as soon as I know. Much love to you all. Your prayers are felt.

No comments: