Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eight



Eight years ago today Stephen and I got hitched. This morning I am curled up on the couch with a warm mug of coffee and a tummy full of the special anniversary breakfast that my sweetheart made for us to share this morning, eggs and blue berry popovers. So good.

Last night I was thinking about my favorite moments throughout the last eight years. Which would I call the happiest day of my life. Leaving out all the large and little moments with our newest baby family members.. I tried to think about our wedding day .. was that truly the "happiest day of my life" as you often hear from married folk? I gotta say it's a no. Our wedding day was wonderful.. don't get me wrong. Still, the happiest day of my life (again.. before becoming a mommy) was occurred many years ago. I was wrestling through the crowd in the camp store to get the mail for my cabin.. had been through a pretty tough day and was so ready for a night off.. I grabbed our mail and turned to make my way back through the throngs of kids fighting to get their hands on something sweet enough to ruin their appetite for lunch...and I saw him.. Stephen's was standing in the doorway ... back from a day of canoeing and headed to get his own fistful of mail.. my heart leaped and I cried out his name without a thought in my head.. and I knew. He was the one for me. Has been ever since. Sigh. Ain't life grand?

5 comments:

Wendy's World said...

Happy Anniversary! Sweet story, too. Wishing you a wonderful next eight years, plus many more :)

kate said...

Happy Anniversary dear friends!! love you!katie o.

Anonymous said...

Great Story Sarah. My fav...Stephen calls from summer camp. Asks if he could bring a home a friend for a few days when he returns. I say, "Sure, what's his name?" And he says, "Sarah!" ;-) Happy Anniversary guys! Love -Dad (Grampa)

L said...

Congratulations lady!! Hope you two are enjoying a little time alone tonight to celebrate your eight inspirational years!!!

Anonymous said...

christian louboutin christian louboutin shoes christian louboutin discount handbags MBT Shoes designer handbags louis vuitton handbags gucci handbags discount handbags replica handbags Herve Leger ugg classic tall UGG Classic Short UGG Ultra Tall christian louboutin boots discount MBT Shoes UGG Classic Cardy cheap MBT shoes cheap christian louboutin louboutin shoes ugg boots chanel womens shoes Louis Vuitton shoes christian louboutin pumps christian louboutin wedding shoes christian louboutin slingback pumps Tory Burch Shoes louboutin sale christian shoes louboutin shoes tory burch reva tory burch reva ballet flats tory burch ballet flats tory burch ballet shoes