Saturday, May 21, 2011

Yesterday.. and then.. Today



Stephen stayed home yesterday because I really needed a break and he is pretty much just spinning his wheels at school right now.. waiting for the official end date. It rained in the morning so it was perfect weather for puddle jumping ladies.












I have been having so many Braxton Hicks contractions this week that I was pretty worn out by Friday. So the break was just perfect. I was actually a little disappointed that as I slept and relaxed around the house, I didn't have very many BH at all. I had sort of been hoping this meant that I would go into labor relatively soon.

Then I woke up at 4 this morning (not unusual in the least).. with some serious pains. Very different than what I had been having all week, which was just tightness and pressure. I stayed in bed through about 5 or so before deciding to head downstairs for a change of position, a snack and a drink to see if that changed anything.. it didn't. I called the OB about 3 hours later and she confirmed that I was in "early labor" and didn't need to come in until "the pain is so bad you can't talk through it" and "they are occurring at regular intervals of 5-7 minutes for at least an hour". So here I sit with my still irregular contractions.. waiting until I am in agony before I call in the reserves to watch the girls and head to the hospital. Mary was miraculously able to get an upgraded train ticket and will be here tomorrow morning at 8am. So really if baby waits until tomorrow after Mary gets here to get serious about her arrival it wouldn't be that bad. Since I never went into labor with the girls this whole thing is new to me. It's hard to tell what is going on with some of these contractions because I have a pretty high tolerance for pain so I am used to talking and even working through excruciating migraines. Still.. they say you know when it's the real deal so.. I am trusting that I will know. Anyway.. just wanted to let everyone out there know what is going on over here.. keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Larry said...

Silver Star is outbound to Raleigh. Grammy, can't be more excited. Breakfast with the girls, hanging with the family is just a few hours away.