Saturday, June 10, 2006

Brick

I saw this movie called "Brick" this week at the Angelika on Broadway. It is the best film I have seen since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Lost in Translation. Film Noir set in high school, these kids are as cool as they come. The best part of the entire thing is the writing. The wordsmith who wove together the script for Brendan Frye and his fellow characters is a genius, pure and simple. I took some pictures of the theater because its one of my favorites and just adds to the experience. As I took the last shot, some guy came over and told me I wasn't allowed to take pictures in there. I happily agreed to walk away, I was on my way out anyway. Glad I had been trixy enough to already get all the pictures I wanted before being discovered.





It was raining the day I saw Brick which, in retrospect, seems almost too fitting. Its too bad it has such limited release because it really is incredible. If you are lucky enough to be in a city where it is being shown, its money well spent. I plan to see it again as soon as possible to soak in more of that dialog.

No comments: