Thursday, June 29, 2006

my friend katie









my friend katie had an opening tonight. we all arrived in the pouring rain to wish her happiness and success. it was a group show and a spur of the moment sort of thing but as always she as prepared and her installation looked great (even though she didnt get to/have to install it herself). nathan and stephen arrived together as always (thats nathan telling the story with his hands - he doesnt like me taking his picture so i turned the flash off and held it down and took secret pictures of him anyway because i dont like him telling me what to do). the guy in the green is andrew.. our resident brit. he arrived half soaked and looking like a hobbit with harry potter hair as always. katie is the stunning blond leaned causally against the wall beside the nathan ducking my picture. i love my friends so much. i even love the way we all get anti-social and stand in the hall at openings laughing at the same jokes and movie quotes. there was a new guy there this evening that i didnt get a picture of. he was from california and even had a tatoo of the california flag on his arm. for some reason that tattoo seemed really powerful to me. like he loved CA that much that he was willing to permanently attach himself to it. anyway thats off the subject de jour. congrats katie girl! you are much loved and supported! all you viewers out there.. buy more art!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! I feel so flattered that I am included in this series of your enchanting life moments. Thank you! We'll talk soon and exchange migrain melodramas.