Tuesday, June 06, 2006

visit to the nightmare stairs

I have frequent nightmares about stairs that have no railing and no backs on them. The kind that your foot could go right through while are you running away from whomever is chasing you in that nightmarish moment. Those stairs exist in my life and I encountered them a few weeks ago in a gallery on 17th and 10th in Chelsea. If you have never had this dream, or a fear of open stairs, then these pictures will mean nothing to you and you can feel confident that you are well adjusted in your stair climbing.










The same night I discovered these stairs, I ran into three different people who could not even make it up to the top to see the opening we were all there for. They are more imposing in person I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have flying dreams that always began with me running down the stairs in our very old house. I would run too fast and actually take flight and go crashing into the wall or something because I couldn't steer myself.

Anonymous said...

wow..there are alot of ways that could be read huh? any idea what stairs represent in the dream world? i think i can guess on the part about not being able to steer yourself..

Anonymous said...

Yeah- obviously projecting feelings of being out of control, but interestingly out of control in the context of doing something that happens to be pretty cool, like flying! Lots of cooky stuff in my head as a kid with few social outlets.