Friday, June 16, 2006

Oliver






this is my dog, oliver. he is my favorite thing my world. he stays home by himself all week for too many hours and on the weekends i try to take him out to the park so he can stretch his energetic legs. i wanted a dog of my own when i was a little kid and my family had a family dog who was pretty amazing, ribsy. so when my birthday rolled around two years ago, i asked for a puppy and along came oliver. he is a perfect gentleman and sleeps cuddled on my belly under the covers every night. there is something about a relationship with a dog that i don't think can be duplicated. somehow they know just what to do every time to make you feel better no matter what is going on. when i get migraines he stays cuddled on my leg until i feel better. he doesn't go near my stomach (even though its his favorite cuddle spot) because somehow he knows how nauseous i get when i have those wretched things. he is a pretty amazing dog. even trying to write anything about him on this sounds so cheezy but its all true and if you have one of your own you know what i am talking about.

No comments: