Tuesday, March 11, 2008

sight for sore eyes



I had a bit of a blue day today. Our life has been up in the air ever since those two little lines showed up on the first test. It seems every time we feel close to some sort of resolution or conclusion, we are put on hold. I was super tired on the way home tonight and mentally composing a post that would allow me to vent all of my frustrations and disappointments. I wanted a chance to complain out loud instead of keeping it all in my head. I reached 32nd Street. I crossed to our side and trudged along listening to my Modest Mouse. Then I looked up. There, in the distance, I saw Stephen and Oliver coming back from their evening walk. My spirits lifted. I waved to get their attention and they saw me. Oliver's ears pricked, then went flat against his head, and he strained against the leash. Stephen took his mark, then bolted in my direction, giving Ollie his chance to run as fast as his little dog legs could carry him. My spirits soared. Seeing my best friend and our tiny bullet of a pup racing towards me blew every last anxious thought from my head. What a feeling :) My thoughts are back in check, optimistic for another day.

I have decided to start letting the babies listen to my iPod when I get home at night -now that they can officially hear and everything. Music is such a huge part of my life and I would love to be able to share that with them. I am sitting here with my ear buds tucked into the waistband of my yoga pants. I started them on a mix including Regina Spektor, Modest Mouse, Feist, Nirvana and Amy Winehouse (among others). Then I thought that, being that it is dark outside, they might like something a little more soothing - so they are currently swimming to the best of Saint-Saens.

No comments: