Tuesday, March 11, 2008

String Cheese Incident

I woke up at 4:15 am, absolutely starving-to-death. This despite having faithfully eating a large portion of chocolate ice cream before bed. I was slightly annoyed but knew I couldn't go back to sleep unless I got up and ate something - the hunger pains were pretty insistent. Since I was up anyway, I decide to visit the bathroom to get rid of those 5 little drips that always need getting rid of before dawn. I flushed the toilet and stood for a moment, pondering what snack would be the quickest and least fuss, before washing my hands. I was startled out of my sleepy stupor by a splash and the feeling of water on my heels. Too sleepy to be coherent, I was able to muster, "Eek! Eeeek!!! The toilet...eeek!! It's peeing on me!!" Stephen jumped out of bed and stumbled to my rescue. Turning on the light we saw that the toilet was indeed overflowing.. for no reason I might add - it was fine before we went to bed and I certainly didn't give it any reason to be clogged. Stephen assured me he had a handle on the situation and sent me back to bed. After retrieving my chosen snack of string cheese, I peaked in on him again only to find him staring blankly at the overflowing toilet with a toilet brush in hand. Not 3 seconds later, the toilet mysteriously emptied itself and all was right with our plumbing. We put down some dog towels to soak up the water - vowing to disinfect in the morning - and crawled back into bed with my string cheese and an attack of the giggles over what had just happened. Never a dull moment.

No comments: