Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Up late..


Apparently how Ollie and I spent our Sunday.


Yeah man.. these are genuine Sour Cream and Onion Crick-ettes. Stephen brought them home. They were handing them out at Penn Station to promote a new show ("Bizarre Foods") on the Travel Channel. They have 9 calories, 1 gram of fat and are not a significant source of cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.

I just finished cleaning the house in preparation for David's arrival tomorrow night. David, who has, on at least one occasion, come to stay with us bringing his clothes in an old cardboard box (despite my offers to give him one of our numerous duffel bags) somehow warrants a full on cleaning session. Don't know what it is about my personality that makes it impossible to have guests in my home if it is not spotless, even when they are sweet, easy going family members who really don't care if there is dust around the bottom of the toilet or not. I have also noticed that everything in my house that has any sort of label, has said label facing outward. Specifically in the bathroom, the highest concentration of labeled items in the space. Sadly, also in my cleaning closet, I can't seem to put the Comet away backwards and walk away. I can have a pile of laundry on the stool in the bedroom for weeks on end but if I accidentally put my deodorant away with the label facing the wall I find myself correcting the problem as I am running out the door in the morning.

Little things like that keep me sane for some reason. I like all my labels on folders at work to be the same size and type of font. I have two Redwelds on my shelf that are my patience builders. My helper was alphabetizing the letters therein contained and realized it was a little overfilled so she made a new label for a second, thus splitting the contents in two categories, A-L and M-Z. The labels she used for this are three times the size of the original labels and the font is different and a completely different size. She was being so helpful and all I could think about was that these did not match the rest of my collection. Sigh. No, I did not run back to my office and make new matching labels. I have kept them as they are to remind me not to be such a freak. It hasn't really worked. I cringe every time I see them.

3 comments:

Summer said...

That's hilarious! Your statement about product labels vs. the laundry pile is totally me! So, do those crickets appeal to your pregnancy appetite or not? Good luck in your struggle to remain sane at work in the face of mismatched binder labels, THE HORROR.

SMS said...

No crickets for me right now :) I did consider licking the Sour Cream & Onion flavoring off though...reconsidered at the last minute.

Anonymous said...

Just have to say, my DVDs have to be arranged alphabetically, and all books on a shelf have to be arranged by height. Of course, these are just 2 of my many quirks... but you're not alone, even though I don't arrange my product labels! :) Can't wait to read the post that announces what sex your little Frick & Frack actually are! Take care!