Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let me rephrase...


The super baby stretch



... I know I said yesterday would be my first day alone..and it was.. well.. I am about to have my first week alone with Ada and Margot. Sweet Aunt Tracy has spent the last 3 days riding to the airport only to have to return home with cancelled flights and the like. She has wisely decided that it would serve everyone better if we just postpone her trip until all this nasty weather clears up - I am in complete agreement as I think a later visit would be a welcome break from my new routine. So anyway.. yeah.. the best laid plans right? 

All is well here at Camp New Mommy. Today has been admittedly more difficult than yesterday.. beginners luck? The girls are sleeping fitfully today and I have not yet managed a shower.. though I see it coming in the very near future.. as in.. right after I finish with this post. Ada has been practicing her chameleon skills. She is very adept at turning purple and then changing back to a normal color once I am able to pick her up. I knew she would be my sensitive one and this is becoming more evident with each passing hour. Thank the Lord for Jane's musical mixes that she sent us in Brooklyn.. without these calming tunes I might be in worse shape but so far so good. 

So all you pray-ers out here.. I got some requests.. please pray for continued patience and peace for my little people.. above all.. please pray for my back..my back has been killing  me since I came home from the hospital and it makes doing anything pretty trying.. even Advil doesn't really take care of it..I am doing all that I can to stand up super straight (even with my new set of bowling balls) and pull my shoulders back .. and strengthen my back and awaken my abdominal muscles so I have some help from my core but.. this is slow going and so far it is still pretty painful.. 

Thank goodness for all those hours of playing with dolls as a child. Who knew my Cabbage Patch soothing skills would come in so handy  :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I came home from the airport and cried... dang it!!! I know it's the Lord's timing. I still have a ticket though and as soon as this junk in the air clears up and that stupid ole hurricane blows through, I'm comin! Seriously, I've been a bit depressed all day. I feel like I've disappointed you. Anyway... I'm praying heavily, roll with the punches, and let little Miss Ada cry some, makes her blood flow better anyway, ha ha! Love you so much.

SMS said...

Tracy Tracy Tracy!!!!! We love you SO much girl and you could NEVER disappoint!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you when you get here girl :) Big hugs from the 4 of us and Oliver sends a puppy kiss :)

Anonymous said...

More of the same
Open arms
Time for feeding again
Hurting back
Every minute taken
Relax? are you kidding

It is worth it and you are doing so well. You get the gold metal-Mother Sarah. Love you, G-Grandma

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you :) And will hopefully visit very soon!