Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Twin Stuff


This is Ada towards the end of her first nap of the morning. Her sister was crying away right next to her head, ready to eat, and Madame Ada just slept right through. The books I read said that they would sleep through each other's cries but I was sceptical but they were right. One can cry and the other just sleeps right through or might sometimes just lay there looking at the other one as if to say "What is going on with you?"

Stephen and I have been out without the girls twice now. This past Saturday, we went to the Farmer's Market here to get some peaches and ginger ale while my mom stayed and watched the little ones. Yesterday was Stephen's first day of school and to celebrate, the school had a big cookout/covered dish dinner yesterday evening. I was feeling pretty good so I got to go with Stephen while Mary stayed here and watched the girls. We had such a great time and the girls were still sleeping when we called to check in on the way home so we headed to Starbucks for a quick treat with Stephen's giftcard the school gave him during orientation. No, I did not drink anything with caffeine. The girls are sleeping so well I don't want to take a chance on messing that up.



This morning seemed to be the first time they really discovered each other in the crib. They are highly aware of the other's presence, or lack thereof, but this morning was different. I fed them and then we put them down for their usual nap and when we went back in 45 minutes later to check on some noises, there they were wide awake, quietly hanging out together. Ada was checking out their black and white mobile, and Margot was checking out Ada.



It was really so sweet. I have become such an emotional person lately. The other day I was trying to read to them while they were in their baby seats. As luck would have it I grabbed "Guess How Much I Love You" from the bookshelf ...yeah.. I got about 3 pages before the waterworks started. I persevered and finished the book with tears running down my face. Then I thought I would read "My Sister and I" .. another winning choice..more tears. How hormonal can one woman be?!




I tried to catch the visiting on video but I think the prime moments had passed.. still.. it's cute and I hope those of you who have not seen them in person yet will appreciate it. There is quite a lot of tongue thrusting going on here but I promise they had just eaten and they ate really well!

5 comments:

Nicole Poko said...

Cute baby noises!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I just love all your photos and messages. I am still in some kind of emotion-between fantasy and reality when I view the pictures of those precious little girls, Ada Grey and Margo Dagny. No matter that I knew you were having twins-especially when I saw your belly but the miracle of 2 perfect little girls. Seeing them looking at each other with all their wonder is about how I feel. You look and sound so great. Motherhood becomes you. Love, G-Granma

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I just love all your photos and messages. I am still in some kind of emotion-between fantasy and reality when I view the pictures of those precious little girls, Ada Grey and Margo Dagny. No matter that I knew you were having twins-especially when I saw your belly but the miracle of 2 perfect little girls. Seeing them looking at each other with all their wonder is about how I feel. You look and sound so great. Motherhood becomes you. Love, G-Granma

Anonymous said...

Don't know why there are identical comments-I guess I hit the mouse twice.

Michelle D said...

Love it! Ian - who loves to snuggle kittens and owls & Loves babies - had me play the movie over and over. He would watch riveted and then clap. Sooo cute your girls are:)