Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weight



The girls took their first trip to Nana and Grandpa's house this past Saturday. We stopped and visited with Gram and Aunt B when we first got into town, then spent the rest of the day at Mom and Dad's. A good time was had by all. The girls slept through the entire visit. 

I just got back from a lovely walk with Erin. I am walking lots and lots these days and eating good nutritious food ( no junk ) so....why the heck does it seem like I am GAINING weight?!??! I don't have scales here so I am just going on the way my body feels and the way I fit into the clothes that I DO manage to fit into and call me crazy but.. seems like I am going no where fast with this whole weight loss thing. Yeah I know 9 months on 9 months off yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, I just Googled "breast feeding and losing weight" and I found out loads of very interesting stuff. For example, while many women do lost tons of weight while nursing, there are loads that don't. Apparently the hormone released while you nurse is the same or very similar to what is in birth control pills and if you get bigger on the pill .. then is stands to reason that you would swell while nursing too. I read many comments from women who said they ate well and exercised while nursing and nothing really happened until the weaned the baby and then it all came off all at once. Hmmm.. I wish this was a little more common knowledge. I thought I was doing something wrong. I know I can only do what I can do, but reading all this really made me feel better. I will just keep eating my healthy diet and going for vigorous walks and doing Pilates when the girls allow. Glad to know I am not the only one who feels the way I feel about the whole thing. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me. 

No comments: