Thursday, February 11, 2010

When babies "sleep in"...


Yesterday the girls let me sleep in until almost 9am. If you have ever wondered what babies do while they are "sleeping in".. here it is. My girls quietly giggle and laugh to each other... and they grab diapers off the changing table and transfer them to various areas of the room. Margot piles the "night-night" diapers at the end of her crib. Here she is lounging on her bed of diapers, ready for her morning quiet time.


Ada examines Margot's diaper technique. Nice tight spread.



Ada prefers to launch the day time diapers from the end of her crib and attempt to land them in the toy bucket. She has pretty good aim. She also stashes them between the crib and the wall. Here she is soaking up some warm sunshine and, like her sister, ready for her morning quiet time.

SO .. the Coke did help yesterday. Enough for me to manage a shower and change of clothes ( I changed the babies clothes too to something more day appropriate ). Still, when Stephen got home I crawled upstairs and back into bed and stayed there. Two days of chronic pain is about all I can take. The worst part is you can't even cry about it because that just makes the pain worse. Anyway, I woke up this morning - pain free. Joy!! I feel shaky and weak from the last two days BUT so much better (and it's a good thing since Josie is here today). Stephen had first period off so he stayed here to take care of the girls (all three of them) while I slept a bit more and managed a shower. Here's hoping I can take it easy today and keep feeling better. I am SO asking the OB for something I can take next week. That's right.. a week from tomorrow we get our first glimpse of Baby Shingler #3 :)

No comments: