Friday, April 23, 2010

Dyeing


I decided to do some dyeing today. I have been enduring my ultra funkified kitchen towels for far too long. Even bleach couldn't make them fresh. iDye to the rescue!!!

I decided on "gun metal" for my terrycloth towels. Just for fun I threw in a couple of t-shirts too. One was grey but had a few bleach spots, the other two where white and had sweat stains (yes I am one of those people who gets sweat stains). They had been banished to the back of the closet and relegated to being worn underneath sweaters.


This is the only before picture I have. Lookin' good preggo me!


.. and here is the finished result. I think they turned out wonderfully.





I did my tea towels in yellow.

I always forget that this is an option when something gets stained or bleached or just plain starts to look old and worn out. It was so easy and super fun. I'm already scheming to do some of the girls onesies.. baby girls toddling around in pale pink onesies ?! I think it's a must.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Awesome! I saw you got that on Glenwood. How much do the packets cost?

SMS said...

They are a little over $3.. don't have the receipt right in front of me. I got them at Jerry's behind Trader Joes.