Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Morning




We are going to the 11:30 service today. This means a morning in of cuddling with curly headed babies and watching CBS Sunday Morning. They mentioned the artist Bill Viola this morning and I suddenly remembered why he is one of my favorites. Absolutely one of the most mesmerizing installations I have had the pleasure to experience. I am pretty sure we saw his "Five Angels". Whitney Museum, completely darkened space, five huge and beautiful plasma screens.. the sound of rushing water drowning out every thought in my head.. images of humans rising from and falling into the water.. I watched each screen at least twice as it slowly made it's way, dreamlike, from start to finish. If time travel was a reality, this is a slice of my existence that I would visit again, and again.

No comments: