Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Disappearing Act..



Stephen hates "belly shots" - thinks they're cheesy. Well cheesy they may be, but I think it's fun to see the changes taking place. Therefore.. I bid farewell to my figure as I give you... my new bump! Since I have two of them in there I am showing a bit earlier than I would if I only had one. Funny enough it's never this big until about 4pm.. and then out of no where I suddenly have this belly stickin' out there. This may not look like much to some of you out there but normally I have a pretty flat stomach so.. to me.. there's a whole lot of something going on!

I have been doing a little thinking about parenthood lately.. but frankly I haven't figured out how to really think about it yet. The only thing that keeps running through my mind is how much respect I have for these little guys. It's almost silly. I want to give them their space, make sure they know that I am just here to love them and support them in all that they do, not disturb them in case they might be sleeping. I am so excited to find out just who they are, what kind of music they will like, what sort of clothes they will prefer, will they like comic books or Ayn Rand (hopefully both)...I am so excited about these little individuals that I can hardly wait for them to grow up! I am not into the whole matching twin thing.. no matching names.. no matching outfits... also not much into reading to them or singing to them .. maybe because I can't feel them yet. I have been talking to them a little bit and I keep wanting to take off my earbuds on the train and put them on my belly so that they can hear the hilarious thing that Ricky Gervais just said. I can't seem to get away from thinking of them as little individuals, that word keeps running through my mind.. individuals. I wonder when that "ah ha!" moment will happen.. when I will suddenly feel like a parent instead of an incubator.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Those babies... wow! I love your belly shot. I am currently in Gainesville Fl with Me Ma at the hospital. She is recovering from back surgery and doing well. Pe Pa read your blog to her, we all love it, especially Oliver tearing into the fish....enjoy that belly being small right now, trust me, it won't last long :-) Love you guys..hurry south! Aunt Tracy

Ellen said...

Yes, you most definitely do have a belly. I know what the belly looked like pre twins, and there is a belly there. And you can tell it's a pregnancy belly and not belly fat 'cause the bulging out starts higher up. You're so cute, and man, you're showing early. Thanks for the warning that you don't want matching stuff. Ok, what about onesies that say something like "Baby A" and "Baby B" or something cheesy like that. C'mon, you gotta give us something here.

julie s said...

Hmph. I can have a belly like that...sans babies. Let me know when you really get a belly :)

Nicole Poko said...

I am SO freaking happy for you guys. This is really exciting stuff, I can't imagine how you two feel right now!!

Hope to see you soon and we're so glad to see a post. We really look forward to seeing your progress, it's so fun!!