Monday, February 25, 2008

Wolfmother



Stephen and I bought Romulus and Remus their first stuffed animals on Sunday. We went on a walk to Greenjeans, of course, and I fell in love with these two right away. Yes, I know I could have made my own with some of my left over sweaters from the tree skirt project - so no comments from the penny pinchers out there, go rain on someone else's parade. I happen to love the couple that runs that shop and I like supporting them, plus.. I wanted my kids to have something special from our time in Brooklyn and these little guys just sort of jumped out of the basket and into my hands so.. I had to bring them home. Aren't they adorable?! They are so soft and cuddly.

It was a pretty energetic weekend. We had dinner with our new friends Michael and Lillian on Friday night. We had so much fun at dinner that they invited us back to their sweet apartment in the village for an extended visit. I had some Coke (a treat since I am not drinking caffine right now) and we didn't leave until after midnight! We had a blast and it was so nice to sit and chat with like minded folks - as opposed to being passed out on the couch at home.

Saturday I woke right up, despite the late night out - Stephen calls me "chatterbox" on mornings like that. He finally retreated to his studio for some peace and quiet while I cleaned the house - that's right..I actually cleaned my own house for the first time in 8 weeks (at least). It felt SO good. Later that evening we went down to Matt and Lonna's place on the first floor for a dinner part with the two of them and Adam and Nicole. Once again, I wish I had taken my camera to dinner. Lonna's is such a creative decorator. She had fixed the dinner table up as an example of how she wants to do the tables at their wedding in September. Tea pots with floral arrangements full of daisies, each surrounded by 3 ornate tea cups on saucers with candles inside on a black table cloth with turquoise cloth napkins. Indescribable really. Just beautifully whimsical and contemporary elegance in one. She has collected 10 vintage tea pots and 30 vintage tea cups on eBay. She has such wonderful taste. The food was incredible as always. Once again, we didn't leave until after 1am this time! Another late night and I was awake and present throughout.

Sunday I was feeling that second late night a bit. I slept in while Stephen drug himself to Redeemer. Later in the afternoon we set off for Park Slope with Oliver, stopping to get ingredients for chocolate chip cookies and, as previously mentioned, to pick up a treat for the twins. The weather was beautiful. There was still plenty of snow to look at, though it was melting. Just a wonderful weekend all around.

My iPod needs to be charged so I borrowed Stephen's this morning. I listened to Wolfmother all the way to work.. and all the way back. MAN I had forgotten how much I love that band. I have lately been wishing that the twins could hear what I am listening too..instead I guess they hear the sounds of the train scratching and clunking it's way home. Maybe one day when they ride the subway for themselves, they will feel safe and at home, and wonder why. I like that thought.

1 comment:

Michelle D said...

I love how this entry ended - perfect:) Romulus and Remus are so great! Greenjeans sounds and looks fun (I looked up there online shop). Seems as if you guys have some of the same taste in toys that we do. I really like very plain toys a lot of the time because it allows the child to use their imagination more. Good stuff:)