Wednesday, July 23, 2008

..shut in..



I would give my life savings at this moment to feel that salt water mist on my face. Heck, I would give my life savings right now to be able to take a nice walk down the block.. that is.. if I had any life savings :) 

I have finished the baby books. Now if I could only remember what I just read. My bag is packed for the hospital. Doctor's appointment tomorrow to check up on everything. Feel like I have an "Indian Sunburn" on my tummy. Every time baby A kicks at it, tears well up in my eyes because of the pain it brings. Yeah... nerves or not I am pretty much done with this whole being pregnant thing. It's been a good ride and now I am glad there is so much light at the end of the tunnel. I should enjoy all the eating I am doing, and I am trying too believe me, but they are so demanding right now!! I eat every 2 hours or so, always something with lots of protein, and like clockwork 2 hours later I am starving and have to find something else to force down. I wake up in the middle of the night in agony because I am so hungry!! This after eating a snack right before bed! I crawl out of bed and hobble on my barely functional hips to the kitchen to drink a glass of milk and try to find something else to eat by the light of the fridge. 

Last week at the doctor's office I was measuring at 45 weeks.. 45 weeks!!! I remember looking at Googled pictures of twin bellies right after I found out about these two and wondering how it would even be possible for me to get that huge.. and yet.. here we are :) Despite my whining, we are in pretty good spirits around here. Everything is ready. We are ready. They are almost ready :) I can say this, I am glad I have been pretty mood swing free up to this point. The emotional weather around here has been a bit unpredictable lately :( Poor Stephen. I am likely to burst into tears over nothing at all. I know it will all be over soon and I will have a whole new set of things to burst into tears over :) Anyway.. that's the news from Lake Wobegon.. where all the men are good looking, the women are in their PJs and all the children.. are above average. 

3 comments:

Ellen said...

You don't have long to go. Hang in there. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah,
I know how you feel as I had 2 babies in July-like I was about to burst. You have just a little more to go and then 2 little girls-A and B. I can't wait to know their names. Love to you and Stephen. Granma Elsie

Tracy said...

I feel you girl!!!!! Even though it was 11 1/2 years ago, I once measured 44 weeks...I still can feel the pain lol!

I PROMISE you, once they arrive, things will get better and better.

Can't wait to get up there! I love you guys

The soon to be FAVORITE AUNT of twin girls ha ha!